How to Remain Calm During COVID-19
Written By Admin
We’re all a little anxious about what’s going on and the uncertainty in that’s going around in our country right now.
We know for a fact we wake up in the morning and check our bodies a little extra for symptoms. “Is my throat scratchy?” “Am I sneezing a little more than usual?”
That being said, putting additional stress on our bodies only makes things worse.
Our immune system is working hard enough as it is, without us adding extra mental capacity into the mix.
Here are a few tips from our in-house holistic wellness coach to keep your mind, body and soul a little more chill:
- Don’t start your day with going straight on your phone or turn the tv on. Take a few moments in bed and just breathe, stretch and focus on three things you are grateful for.
- MOVE YOUR BODY. Pent up energy is the number one cause for dis-ease. However, you like to move, do it. There are so many good online options out there at the moment, anything from yoga to HIIT work outs. We are all in this together.
- Nourish your body right. It’s sooo easy going to the fridge or the snack drawer more often than usual, but make sure you stock it with healthy options. Fresh veggies with hummus, homemade salsa, nuts, fruits and berries. Now is the time to try out those recipes you “didn’t have time” to when you were working in your office. Again, a ton of amazing Instagram accounts to check out and get inspiration from.
- Meditation doesn’t have to be sitting on a pillow with your legs crossed and your eyes closed. You can meditate while doing the dishes, making the bed, in the shower, heck, even on the toilet. The most important thing is to let your mind go the best you can. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Start with a few minutes, then increase.
- This is the MOST IMPORTANT one. If you have a roof over your head, food in your fridge, a bed to sleep on and power in your house, you are luckier than most people. This will not last forever, and it might be a good time to think about all the good things in your life. Not just during the corona lock down.ne